Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The word 'word'

One of the greatest definitions of the word 'word' I have ever heard came from a Buddhism professor of mine. As he stood in front of us, using this man-made language to formulate an argument, he quickly fell into a look of perplexity. We were talking about something that couldn't be talked about.
"Words are useful fictions" 
Take it as you will, but it's the truth. Words exist only in our human reality. We are programmed to view words as necessary for communicating. It's hard at times but energy is the only genuine communicator. With this said, I value times of silence. In fact, I find it necessary to remain truly in tune with your inner consciousness. Give your mouth a break. You will still be heard-- and what you are communicating will ring louder than a word ever could.

Talk takes no effort.
Silence is difficult and only makes sense to those who
Notice the beauty when
Words
                  Disappear
Into the wall of dreams uncovered,
Reality discovered.
Ask Yourself ~

Am I Really Here?
Do I Exist In Fear?
Is There An Answer To My Thoughts?
I
I

I write alot during vows of silence. Eventually I'll dig them up and post them... But until then--> 

Don't hold anything against any beautiful humans.
We know not of what lies behind the closed doors in each soul.
Ones actions are all we see.
Intentions are never crystal clear.
We memorize dates, times, numbers, WORDS.
But our memories are created subconsciously & weave a constant chain within.
We can smell a smell and it can shoot us back into the past quicker than a time warp.

No comments:

Post a Comment